Welcome to Mary Lou's Sitting Room

Hello! You are entering the world of Mary Lou...hope you have fun here! I created this blog to be a place of refuge in the storm, inspiration in the fog, light in the darkness, and hope for your life. I love to encourage people and have fun-I hope you will find this true as you visit me here. I plan on writing about all types of subjects, because I am interested in all the good things God has made, so hang on for the ride~! I love to sew and also cook...hence the name..

Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Do you see what I see?

We love traveling to Florida for time away and have been blessed to do so many times.  One of our favorite past times while there is to hunt for shells.  In the northern panhandle there are not many shells to be found because of a sandbar several yards out that inhibits the larger shells from reaching the shore area.  

 We especially enjoy finding sand dollars, but they are difficult to obtain in one piece.  By the time they reach the shore the waves have beat them up till they are in small pieces.  Most of the ones we locate are about the size of a quarter or less.  They are known to get as large as 4 or more inches in diameter.  You usually have to swim out beyond the sandbar and dive down to retrieve the larger ones, which we have never tried.

Along the shoreline many smaller sand dollars may be found, along with a variety of other types of shells.  If you are persistent you will discover the unbroken ones.  When I am searching for my treasures oftentimes I see other footprints in the sand, indicating that others have searched the same spot, but even though that’s true I still find some lovely shells intact, not beaten up or broken and I wonder “did they miss this one?”  Which leads me to my point:  If we are diligent when seeking God and His truths, we WILL find him!

Jesus himself is a treasure that cannot be compared to earthly riches...he taught this about the kingdom of God, but I believe it can also be applied to a person finding Him.  He alone can satisfy our deepest desires and needs.


Matthew 13:44 “The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field. When a man found it, he hid it again, and then in his joy went and sold all he had and bought that field.
45“Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it.”

Jesus has made us this promise, “Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.” Matthew 7:7

Isaiah 55:6 “Seek the Lord while He may be found; call on him while he is near.”

So, the question remains...do you see what I see?

No comments:

Post a Comment