Welcome to Mary Lou's Sitting Room

Hello! You are entering the world of Mary Lou...hope you have fun here! I created this blog to be a place of refuge in the storm, inspiration in the fog, light in the darkness, and hope for your life. I love to encourage people and have fun-I hope you will find this true as you visit me here. I plan on writing about all types of subjects, because I am interested in all the good things God has made, so hang on for the ride~! I love to sew and also cook...hence the name..

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Wednesday's Word for March

Today we read from Psalm 63..a favorite of mine - I've even written a worship song from it...I will be mixing my own thoughts into the words of the Psalm and they will be in parentheses...

"O God, you are my God, earnestly I seek you;
(I will search for you, waiting expectantly for you to reveal yourself through your Word,  
 nature, other people, life circumstances...prayer) 
my souls thirsts for you, my body longs for you, in a dry and weary land where there is no water.
 (my whole being has need of your Presence, your love, your peace) 
I have seen you in the sanctuary and beheld

your power and your glory. (imagine how King David, the author of this psalm beheld God as he prayed in the Temple!)  
Because your love is better than life, my lips will glorify you.
(God's love is  worth living for and dying for!  I can't help but praise Him!)
 I will praise you as long as I live, and in your name I will lift up my hands.
 My soul will be satisfied as with the richest of foods, (nothing in this world can or will satisfy our basic needs like God's love can! Though we try to fill them with people and things, we will only be disillusioned and frustrated and left empty and bereft)
with singing lips my mouth will praise you.  On my bed I remember you; I think of you through the watches of the night.  Because you are my help, I sing in the shadow of your wings.
(I have such confidence in God - in his love, his power, his mercy and grace and compassion that I can sing even when I am going through distress, pain and heartache. I hide myself within him through prayer & worship & reading his word.  And I find rest, and peace. "Come to Me, all ye who are weary and heavy-laden and I will give you rest," Jesus said.)
My soul clings to you; your right hand upholds me."

 (He has promised to be with us always and I know that He is truly holding me tighter than I could ever hold onto HIM! Thanks be to God!)

I pray that as you leave here today you will know His peace and the confidence that it is HE who holds YOU as you put your trust in Him! Blessings to you, my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment