Welcome to Mary Lou's Sitting Room

Hello! You are entering the world of Mary Lou...hope you have fun here! I created this blog to be a place of refuge in the storm, inspiration in the fog, light in the darkness, and hope for your life. I love to encourage people and have fun-I hope you will find this true as you visit me here. I plan on writing about all types of subjects, because I am interested in all the good things God has made, so hang on for the ride~! I love to sew and also cook...hence the name..

Thursday, February 2, 2012

A lamp for my feet, a light for my path..

 Good Thursday morning! Bright and sunny here...I took some pics of our sunroom to share because it reminded me of how God's Word brings revelation and lights up our souls, spirits and life!
 I love Jan Karon's description of God's word in the title of one of her books: "Patches of Godlight"...See how the sun just bathes the room in light.  That's what God's Word & Presence do in my heart & life...Psalm 4:6..."Let the light of your face shine upon us, O Lord."...  Psalm 18:28.." You, O Lord, keep my lamp burning; my God turns my darkness into light..."  ...Psalm 19:8...The precepts of the Lord are radiant, giving light to the eyes." Psalm 27:1 "The Lord is my light and my salvation."

Psalm 36:9 "In Your light we see light."....Psalm 76:4 "You are resplendent with light."           

Psalm 119:130..."The unfolding of Your words gives light; it gives understanding to the simple."    
So go, my friend, into the day with your eyes to the skies, observing how majestic the Lord is and how wonderful His light.  To me, light brings joy, and if it's cloudy where you are-just remember that right behind those clouds is the glorious sunshine and even as we have "cloudy days" in our lives, God is right there with us, though we cannot see Him!  Blessings, peace, love, joy to you today...

No comments:

Post a Comment