Welcome to Mary Lou's Sitting Room

Hello! You are entering the world of Mary Lou...hope you have fun here! I created this blog to be a place of refuge in the storm, inspiration in the fog, light in the darkness, and hope for your life. I love to encourage people and have fun-I hope you will find this true as you visit me here. I plan on writing about all types of subjects, because I am interested in all the good things God has made, so hang on for the ride~! I love to sew and also cook...hence the name..

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

A Poem about Spring flowers for a Wednesday


"They bloom where they are planted"...or..."The crocus don't care"...
I saw a few of them today - I'm sure you've seen them, too
Bold gold or bright, yet deep purple
Poking tender petals through
The brown and gray of castaway
Leaves, twigs, grass the wind blew-
I've seen them in the past-
Green stems, then blooms show
Peeking out at last
Amid the cold, pure white of snow!

So the saying is true-
They bloom where they are planted;
A lesson for both me and you -
The crocus don't care,
they don't seem to care at all -
Their beauty shines forth,
No matter how small.
 Hope you get to go outside and enjoy some of the early Spring flowers that are coming up here in the Midwest!
And remember above all to bloom where ever it is that God has planted you in this world. Just as the crocus brings a smile, and encourages the heart, so can you!

No comments:

Post a Comment