Welcome to Mary Lou's Sitting Room

Hello! You are entering the world of Mary Lou...hope you have fun here! I created this blog to be a place of refuge in the storm, inspiration in the fog, light in the darkness, and hope for your life. I love to encourage people and have fun-I hope you will find this true as you visit me here. I plan on writing about all types of subjects, because I am interested in all the good things God has made, so hang on for the ride~! I love to sew and also cook...hence the name..

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Poems I have written for ordinary people

Today I share with you a couple of poems I have written.  One is also a song, written to encourage us in this life that can often be so difficult and discouraging.  I pray you will leave this site with hope in your heart and the knowledge that you don't go through life alone!








The Restorer

 v 1)  A day can be so full of twists and turns
I start with hope and end it with unsure
The joy is easy, but where do you take the pain?
What do you do with the sorrow?
How can you live if you’re broken?
Chorus:
                
There is a place, there is a Man,
He has the grace, He is the Plan
He’ll take it all; His touch restores  
   
V2) A life can be so full of ups and downs
I make my plans, but end up wandering
Some days are easy, but others doubt remains
Where do you go with the questions?
Will my faith live if it’s broken?
There is a place, there is a Man.
He’ll never leave, He’ll make you stand
He has the grace, He is the Plan
He’ll take it all; His touch restores  
His love is sure- from wounds it pours
There is a place, there is a Man,  The Son of God, the Son of Man
The Cross the place, Jesus, the Man. 
A day can be so full of twists and turns,
I start with hope and end it with my Lord.





  A Mother's Wholeness      written by mary lou  7.31.2010
What can be harder for a mother
Than when her children need her no longer?
She pours out her love and her life for them,
There exists no earthly bond stronger.
But, alas, up they grow, with lives of their own-
It's simply the circle of life - no need for strife,
We accept it because we want them to be whole
But now there is a hole in our own heart's life,
So we ask - what now?
God has a plan - there are others who need us
We listen closely so we can follow where he leads us
He promises to make us whole even as we pour out
His love to a lost, broken, hurting world  that bleeds.
"I lift up my eyes to the hills -
Where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord,
The Maker of heaven and earth.
He will not let your foot slip -
He who watches over you will not slumber"
Psalm 121:1-3
Wholeness is found in giving
Life and peace are found in living
For Christ and for others.




As you observe the majesty of creation, may you go forward today with joy and peace directly from your Maker! 

2 comments:

  1. Love your poetry, Mary Lou. I especially like the one "A Mother's Wholeness." I plan to share your post with my daughter, who is struggling with her first child to leave the nest. Thanks so much for sharing your poems!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks much, Karen. So glad it can be useful to someone else! That's what it's all about...share & share alike so that we let the Holy Spirit comfort us as we comfort others in return.

    ReplyDelete