Welcome to Mary Lou's Sitting Room

Hello! You are entering the world of Mary Lou...hope you have fun here! I created this blog to be a place of refuge in the storm, inspiration in the fog, light in the darkness, and hope for your life. I love to encourage people and have fun-I hope you will find this true as you visit me here. I plan on writing about all types of subjects, because I am interested in all the good things God has made, so hang on for the ride~! I love to sew and also cook...hence the name..

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Lifenotes for Tues-Crochet!!!

I have been knitting & crocheting since I was about 8 yrs old...my grandma & my neighbor taught me.  I love to create and keeping my hands busy keeps me from snacking in the evenings, so it's a win-win!
This hat was crocheted and I made up the pattern.  Once you learn the basics it's not difficult to play around & make new styles & shapes, etc.
This scarf is simply granny squares sewn together into a scarf or belt.  Great for using up those scraps! And it will go with just about anything you wear! Fun stuff, to be sure!
To the left is a tote I made to fit a Kindle or Nook ereader. I have a Kindle and love it...but it's waayyyy too easy to buy more books & games..so beware! :) This tote was also crocheted and I added a button to keep it shut tight.
And these ornaments are just inexpensive balls that I crocheted with string over to give them an old-fashioned effect. I was pleased with the result and gave several away last yr as Christmas gifts.
Hope you have a lovely day doing something you love to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment