Welcome to Mary Lou's Sitting Room

Hello! You are entering the world of Mary Lou...hope you have fun here! I created this blog to be a place of refuge in the storm, inspiration in the fog, light in the darkness, and hope for your life. I love to encourage people and have fun-I hope you will find this true as you visit me here. I plan on writing about all types of subjects, because I am interested in all the good things God has made, so hang on for the ride~! I love to sew and also cook...hence the name..

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Wednesday's Word

Crisp, cold morning here!  But after all, it IS winter...lest we forget! Read from Psalms this morning...one of my fave's...
Psalm 18 "I love you, O Lord, my strength.(I have come to realize my own strength is very, very limited!) The Lord is my rock, in whom I take refuge;(an unbreakable, impenetrable place to hide!) my shield (protection) and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. I call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised,(always!) and I am saved from my enemies."(this would include enemies of the soul...discouragement, doubt, heartache, sorrow, grief)..
v6.."In my distress I called upon the Lord, and cried to my God for help;He heard my voice (He IS listening!!) out of His temple, and my cry for help before Him came into His ears." He really does care, listen & answer! v30..."As for God, His way is blameless; the word of the Lord is tried; He is a shield to all who take refuge in Him. For who is God, but the Lord? And who is a rock, except our God, the God who girds me with strength and makes my way blameless?" (because of Jesus taking my sin on Himself, I am blameless in God's sight..the Great Exchange!!)
It joys my heart to know I can count on Him...to know He knows what's going on inside my heart and head and loves me more than anyone on this earth EVER could!
 Observe the beauty He created for YOU to enjoy! Let it build faith in your heart!






v46.."The Lord lives! And blessed be my rock; and exalted be the God of my salvation." I believe with all my heart that Jesus is alive and sitting at the Right Hand of the Throne of God...someday I'll be on my face worshipping Him in person and living eternally with Him! Yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment