Welcome to Mary Lou's Sitting Room

Hello! You are entering the world of Mary Lou...hope you have fun here! I created this blog to be a place of refuge in the storm, inspiration in the fog, light in the darkness, and hope for your life. I love to encourage people and have fun-I hope you will find this true as you visit me here. I plan on writing about all types of subjects, because I am interested in all the good things God has made, so hang on for the ride~! I love to sew and also cook...hence the name..

Monday, January 16, 2012

A New Year, new hope!

Hello and Good evening! I am so glad you have decided to visit my new blog-site! My hope is that as you visit each of my posts you will depart feeling encouraged & blessed by what I write and by the pics I post. God is good, God loves each of us more than we can ever imagine, and He has been merciful to us by giving us nature, people, gifts & talents...and of course, His Only Son, Jesus, who died in our place-for our sin. He took our punishment and also gave us the hope of Eternal Life - and the honor of knowing, loving and serving Him...forever! Life without end in His Glorious Presence! I can't even begin to imagine how wonderful that will be! Awesome! Magnificent!
...and now...onto nature...the world around us....
 We are about to experience a big weather change..it's 62 degrees here now, but will be in the 30's tomorrow at this time. I love weather...and being in the St. Louis area a day can see huge changes. I am hoping for more snow before winter is over-I love to take walks in it. Am looking forward to beginning a new book soon, and am also beginning a new baby quilt to work on. I like to hand quilt and I am obsessive about finishing a project, so I won't likely be making any large quilts for awhile. Just finished a queen-sized quilt for my niece & her new husband as a wedding gift....it was fun, but took a long time! About a year in total time - but we did move in the midst of all that, so it might have taken only 6 months instead of a year if I didn't have to pack, organize & unpack!

No comments:

Post a Comment